Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy as a clam....

Picture this...it is 7:00am and the whole apartment building is quiet, except for Greg and I who are up and getting ready for the day. Greg is busily typing away on his computer and I am sipping coffee and watching the news. All of a sudden I hear the dreaded words "your grades are up..." Silence inevitably follows, I am sure that I have gotten a "C" in my Physiology class, sure I spent over 100 hours in the lab and countless hours in study sessions, but no matter how hard I tried I just could not get my grade up. So I say to Greg, "I know that I got a "C" in Physiology but what did I get in Psychology?" This time it is Greg who is silent as he slowly swivels the computer towards me so that I can look; little did he know what was to follow....I am pretty sure that I set of car alarms and woke everyone within a 2 mile radius with the shriek that followed...I GOT A "B"!!!!!!!! A "B" in Physiology how amazing is that!!!!!!! I was so thrilled with my "B" that I completely ignored my "A" in Psychology. So all in all I am extremely happy with how the semester turned out. Greg also did very well this semester although his happiness was much more subdued than my own, but I could tell that he was still thrilled. So here we are the two of us happy as clams living in Santa Monica and so so so glad that our first year in California and at new schools is over! Till next time...

1 comment: