Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Bad Joke

How can you tell that Janet has started school again?
She neglects the blog for several weeks.
I told you it was bad, even if it is true. Well school is back in full swing for me, and as usual Greg and I have been keeping our weekends busy too. We have gone to the Getty Villa which is an incredible museum. We have gone down to San Pedro and went on a tour of the beautiful lighthouse and even stopped by the Korean Friendship Bell. Then last week on September 9, 2009 something really exciting happened...The Santa Monica Pier celebrated it's 100th birthday! We had a great night there were three barges out in the ocean that set of fireworks, there were live bands and we had some friends over for dinner and cards, it was such a fun night. Then over this past weekend Greg and I flew to Arizona for a family birthday party which was a ton of fun. Sadly I ended up getting sick my last day there and am still sick now...hopefully I will be better soon I don't want to spend my birthday in bed with a box of tissues! Till next time here are some pictures of our most recent excursions!

PS: I won't make any promises but I will really try to update the blog once a week!


Us at the Getty Villa.


The Korean Friendship Bell.


Pt. Fermin Lighthouse in San Pedro. Love it!


The Santa Monica Pier on opening day in 1909.


Recent picture of The Santa Monica Pier.


View from the air on the way to Flagstaff.

4 comments:

  1. About time Janet!!! Take care now and get well!!
    love grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am so jealous of all the fun things you do together!! Get it all done before y'all have kiddos and can't travel anywhere :)!!! Good luck in school this semseter and Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet and Greg,
    I have found myself thinking of you both quite a bit lately and i just wanted to say hello. I hope you both are doing well and i see that you are keeping busy as usual. I would like to talk with you more often, so feel free to email me at jrlambert@cg67.navy.mil whenever you have time. I love you both and tell greg i am sorry for not getting in contact with him while i was home and that i really miss talking with my brother :)
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always doing fun things! I hope this new school year goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete