Sunday, August 30, 2009

Good Bye Summer My Old Friend

Well this weekend marks the end of my summer vacation. Starting Monday it is back to school and back to all that, that entails. So this Friday Greg took the day off from work and we decided to send my summer off with a bang! We started the day off by heading to my school to purchase the remaining books I needed and then headed home to change our blinker on the car. (At this point I am sure that this does not sound like a bang..wait for it...I promise it is coming!) Once the bulb was fixed I decided to take Greg on one of my weekly adventures that he had yet to experience...the recycle plant! We sorted and recycled to our hearts content and then it was off to Indian food! Greg and I love Indian food and really, really enjoyed this lunch/dinner. After that Greg surprised me by taking me to see Julie & Julia. I loved it and of course cried through out...I just tend to cry during movies whether they are sad or not. After the movie we headed to Greg's school where we picked up a co-worker of his and drove to Barnsdall Park to watch Henry V. The play was put on by the Independent Shakespeare Company and was really fun. The play is done outside and everyone brings blankets and food and hangs out watching the play! By the time Greg and I got home from our busy Friday it was after midnight and we were exhausted. So the rest of the weekend was relatively uneventful although tonight I am making barbecue chicken and mashed potatoes...yum! In closing goodbye summer you will be missed and I cannot wait to see you next year!!!!


Greg and I waiting for the play to start.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you were doing something exciting Janet!! You guys sure
    keep a busy schedule and grandpa thinks you were so smart to
    cancel your tv cable. He's all for saving money and we know the
    junk that they're putting on tv now, mostly commercials.
    Jess just called from LAX with 20 minutes till her flight to
    Japan. I will have to remind her to get her positive attitude
    back tho, it was lacking. My printer is ready for your new
    blog. Keep us posted and good luck with schools out there.
    love grandma

    ReplyDelete