Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Peru Part One

I decided that I would write a couple of blogs posts about our time in Peru, since 16 days packed into one post makes for a very looooooooong post. (To the family that have seen some of the 8,000 pictures we took, you can understand this. To those who have not seen the 8,000 pictures you are very welcome!)

If you have any questions or curiosities, just leave a comment and I will do my best to respond with an email!

Greg and I left for Peru on June 15th, one day after my last final of the Spring semester. We flew from Los Angeles to Miami, Miami to Lima, and Lima to Cusco. All together that equals 30 wonderful hours of travel time which included a two hour time change, that didn't seem like a lot until after the 30 hours of travel...then it seemed like a lot!

Greg and me waiting to catch our flight to Cusco, about 27 hours into our travel time.

Once we landed in Cusco, the fun started immediately. We got into a cab and lo and behold in Cusco, those lines they put on streets to tell you where to drive, are simply there for decoration! I have been to a few countries outside of the U.S. but I have never seen driving like this before! The word terrifying comes to mind! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of this so you will just have to take my word for it.

While in Cusco we stayed at Piccola Locanda, a wonderful hostel that Greg and I lovingly refer to as our Cusco home. We miss it so much!






















Our room at Piccola Locanda.
My feet + Bed = First nap in Peru!

View from our window... ¡Bienvenidos a Cusco!

We also enjoyed a lovely cup of Mate de Coca (Coca Tea) ...best tea I have ever had taste wise, and it really helped with the headaches we were experiencing from being at such high altitude. (Also just to ease all your worries a cup of this tea contains about 4.2 mg of cocaine, it would take 250 grams to make one gram of cocaine.)

















Mate de Coca

After our tea and a nap, we went to run some errands and finished off the day with some Peruvian Pizza and Fanta from 1996.

¡Muy delicioso!

¡Buenas noches Cusco!

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are still so interesting. Makes me want to
    stay in a comfortable hostel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post more!Post more!Yes,I would love to see all of them again!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a great time!~Jess

    ReplyDelete