Saturday, May 16, 2009

Who gave Janet a book?!

As some of you may or may not know this semester I have been taking a Physiology class which is a pre-requisite to get into the nursing program at my school. Let me just say this the more I learn the more I am terrified at what people do to their bodies! I can’t even buy Goldfish® Crackers anymore because I am too busy thinking about what they are doing to my body! In fact I am shocked by what everyone does to their bodies…people don’t realize our bodies are ridiculously amazing and are very complex…don’t mess them up! I know this sounds very preachy but seriously we have receptors and enzymes and all kinds of amazing little cells in us and they are so sensitive, and we just take them for granted! This all comes about because right now while working on homework I am going over an ECG (electrocardiogram), I had done for class and I am looking at my calculations and wondering what the heck have I been doing to myself these last 24 years? That sounds a bit too serious…I am fine, I am not dying but I could definitely use some work… Even now there is a huge party down at The Pier and they have huge speakers blaring fun music and all I can think is I hope the people in the audience have ear plugs in…those poor microscopic hairs! Ah yes, Pandora’s Box has been opened and I have started the process of getting educated…unfortunately or fortunately that means I can never look at the world the same again. Till next time…WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Janet!!! When I hear ALL the Hispanics in this
    trailer park blaring their boom boxes with their little
    kids in the truck, I wonder why they are doing this to
    their kids ears. love grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. After BIO 100, I discard the last cup of cereal from the box, ALWAYS.

    Ignorance is bliss.

    ReplyDelete