Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wait Listed, Flea's and the Dodgers

Our weeks are so scheduled around here sometimes it is really hard to come up with anything to blog. That being said this week was not one of those weeks. This week was rather exciting, but I had a test in one of my classes so everyone has had to wait until now to get the exciting news...I have been wait listed!!!! I can picture you all scratching your heads at this point, we are told that being wait listed is not a good thing, but in my case this is great news! Here is what it means in my situation, pending a drug test and background check (which I will of course pass with flying colors) I have officially been accepted into the clinical portion of nursing school! I have worked really hard and was able to get good enough grades and work hard enough to be accepted! The other minor detail is that due to budget cuts I may have to wait up to three semesters to actually start those clinicals, but really I am walking on air right now, so I am just not even paying any attention to that minor detail!

In other news over the weekend Greg and I had a great time going to the local flea market and sifting through everyone's old junk...I mean our new treasures, although we only purchased one item and an ice cold Squirt, because I was parched. We also had a great time at a Dodgers game on Sunday. We are not Dodgers fan's nor are we Rockies fan's but we really like watching baseball games so we went with some of Greg's colleagues and had a great time! Here is our view of the field...pretty fun, and not nearly as hostile as our seats last year!


America's Favorite Pastime

2 comments:

  1. WOW`````CONGRATULATIONS JANET; WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!
    WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU. LOVE GRANDMA AND GRANDPA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two sure don't lack of interesting things to do, only excitement here was fire that caused lots of smoke and breathing problems. Doing alright with some jobs opening up again but still searching for that full-time job,makes for a daily adventure in employment. Will be in valley for Halloween and to early to make holiday plans. Love you two, POPS

    ReplyDelete