Friday, March 19, 2010

Mysteries and a lot of Purple...

I have noticed, that once school starts and I become super focused that the bus becomes my playground. I sit or stand on a bus between 20 and 45 minutes each way four days a week, and during that time I think and I people watch. I think about really serious things and really random things, and then I look at all the people around me doing a bunch of random things. Here is just one of the many random things I have had the privilege of seeing.

There was a lady on the bus in head to toe purple. When I say head to toe I mean head to toe. Here is my artists rendition of her

Purple platform high heals, purple tinted sunglasses, violet lipstick...you get the point and the crazy thing was that it was all the same purple in a ton of separate pieces! How is it possible for this one lady to perfectly match her watch face to her outfit? I thought maybe she was really good at Rit Dye. Who knows, but honestly for the first time in my life I debated on sneaking a cell phone picture, I have never seen anything like this.

Maybe I should re-title this blog...Stories From The Bus. What do you think?

By the way that thing next to her in my drawing is her purse...it had rhinestones on it, and you guessed it they matched everything else perfectly! So many mysteries so little time.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting Janet! You sure lead an exciting life.
    love grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to find my fashion niche at this point in my life,as I am now too old for jr.section,too young for Worthington knits:lots of matching purple,hmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps....Great picture,you should frame that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandpa said "Don't forget, you are living in California!!"

    ReplyDelete