Friday, March 12, 2010

Pictures in my mind...

I remember as a child being asked if I could have a super power what would I have? I remember thinking that invisibility, or time travel would be neat.

The other day on the bus though, I was thinking that I wish I could take a picture with my eyes. Sound weird? Let me explain; I know what I see every day, but unfortunately I don't always have a camera so that I can share it. Plus parents seem to get weary when a stranger snaps a picture of them and their children. If I could take a picture just with my eyes though, no one would know and be uncomfortable.

Here are some of the things I wish I could show you... on my way to school there is a lime green house that is just about the brightest thing I have ever seen, and every day it makes smile. I wonder what kind of people live in a house
that bright? I bet they have a great sense of humor. Then there is the little old man and his wife who walk arm in arm to the cancer center everyday, at the same time. A little girl with the cutest pout you ever saw, dressed in an over sized coat with a newsboy cap on. Not to mention the bright colored backpacks that get smashed together in the aisle of the bus as we get closer to campus. I see people in the cars next to the bus, putting on makeup, texting, talking on their phones, shushing their kids, and turning bright red when they realize they are being watched.

I wish that all of you could spend a day with me, so that we could experience all of these things together. Since it is just me I hope that I was able to describe to you some of the beauty I see in this city everyday. Even an entire highway of break lights is beautiful, more so if you are not one of the pairs of break lights. So if I could have a super power it would be to take pictures that I could share with you, with my eyes.


Very light traffic in L.A.

2 comments:

  1. If you're interested in time travel, be sure to watch
    that "Somewhere in Time" movie!! love grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa says you could sure be an author.

    ReplyDelete