Friday, April 23, 2010

I'll be seeing you...

Last week was spring break for me. I spent the week doing homework so that on Friday, I could take a flight to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to spend time with my family and put my Grandfather to rest next to my Grandma Emma. It was a really short trip, yet so very special. I was able to see where my dad grew up, and I ultimately fell in love with the city. Here are some pictures from my trip.


Grandpa during WWII


The Original Oyster House. My Grandpa would bring my dad here for a fish sandwich and fresh buttermilk when he was a kid. It was pretty good eatin'!


Looking for the great grandparents, we found them...eventually!



The house that my dad grew up in. The lady that lived here let us all come in for a tour. So fun!


All of us out to dinner. From left to right Katie (big sister), Robbie (big brother), Bette (little sister), Aunt Ninny (Dad's little sister), Dad (Dad)...I am the one taking the picture.


The Duquesne Incline, amazing views of Pittsburgh!


Robbie, at the incline.


Me, getting ready to head back up the incline...Pretty sure I was the only one in Pittsburgh wearing flip-flops...considering the fact that it was snowing!


View of Pittsburgh from the incline.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss Janet! Glad you were
    able to make the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete