Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Road Trip!

Since Greg and I have not had a lot of time to spend together in the last few years, we decided that the weekend after he earned his masters degree was the perfect time to take a road trip north. While the trip was just overnight we had a blast. We went to one of our secret spots (I like to pretend it is secret...it really isn't.) We went back to Moonstone Beach. We had an amazing time, and we took the long way to get there which was incredible. There is so much to see out there and let me tell you. California does have some truly beautiful sights. Here are some pictures from our trip...



Central Park in Filmore CA


Best baked goods ever!


Along the way...


Greg and I


Again...Along the way


I love finding moonstones!


Sea urchin living among the moonstones.


If you look at the surf closely you can see the moonstones hopping in the waves!


The boardwalk...


Moonstone Beach


Close up of the moonstones.


Andersen's Pea Soup

4 comments:

  1. A well-deserved trip!

    PS Your hair is super-duper long, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!What a great place to go to! I have never seen stones on the beach like that.
    Greg has always loved pea soup.:)
    Thanks for posting pics,what a beautiful vacation spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful trip and beach. Also reminded me I had
    green pea w/ham and bacon in my cupboard. Delicious.
    love grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on Masters,Happy Birthday Love Pops

    ReplyDelete