Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Peek - a - boo...

Yesterday it rained here in Los Angeles, which I greatly prefer over the sweltering conditions of last week. I am sure you all heard that last Monday, Los Angeles hit a record high of 113°F. Yuck!

Anyway yesterday is my "long day," I don't get out of class until 10pm. Since I don't think it is safe to wait for a bus that late at night I drive to school. As I was headed out for school yesterday, I was sure there was an umbrella in the car. I drove the car to the parking lot near my last class and went in search of this umbrella...no luck. Not wanting to be late for my first class I decided to go without. Rain here in Los Angeles is different from the storms that you get in Northern Arizona. There is not a torrential downpour, and I have only heard thunder one time since moving here. Instead the rain here is just slow and steady. Yesterday, was just that slow and steady.

I waited for the shuttle that takes me over to my late class for 25 minutes in this slow and steady Los Angeles rain. Before heading into class I stopped by the car to switch out my books, and there it was peering out from under the seat. I searched for ten minutes in the morning on hands and knees and did not feel or see an umbrella...but the second I was not in need of it there it was.

That is the definition of a "Janet moment," I am that person that can never find what I want when I want it, but can always find an abundance of whatever is no longer needed. Lucky for me this cracks me up more than anything else.

Thank you rain,for the adventure. I have missed you!!!!!!!


Me Covered with rain...

Peek - a - boo!

1 comment:

  1. We're now getting your rain(downpours) plus tornadoes
    between here and Flagstaff. Very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete