Monday, November 1, 2010

This and That

Do you remember this post? Well it was another piece to the puzzle.

I found out in late September that I was in the top 250 on the wait list for starting the clinical portion of the nursing program. What that meant was that on October 29, 2010 I needed to take an exam that covered math, science, vocabulary, and reading comprehension in order to become a "qualified applicant." This test covered everything, even sciences that I was not required to take such as Physics...thank goodness for Greg and his big brain! Anyway I studied and studied and last Friday I took the test. I was so stressed out and worried about the test that I cried when I found out the results are available immediately following the exam...I did not want them!

However, after the four hour exam was over I was thrilled to see that I was in the ninety-fifth percentile, and had absolutely passed the exam. I should say that I did make Greg check the results, before I believed my score but I think it is finally starting to sink in. I am hopeful that I will be starting clinical's in the Spring and will find out for sure later this month.

I just want to thank my husband publicly for his support during this past month. I was not the most friendly person, and I think he would shoot me if he saw my hair in a bun and me in sweat pants one more time. He was there every step of the way picking up the slack and encouraging me. Thank you hun so much, you are an amazing husband and friend. I love you.

To my mom, thank you for letting me cry for the last two weeks before the test every single time I called you...which was every single day. I needed that.

To everyone who takes the time to check this blog thank you for being patient with my lack of blogging!

I am back baby!


I will be posting about this later this week!

2 comments:

  1. DEFINITELY CONGRATULATIONS JANET. WHAT ENERGY AND
    PERSISTENCE YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Great job, Janet!
    I'm so proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete