Friday, April 24, 2009

What a week...

Monday was Greg’s birthday and to tell you the truth I think that I may have been more excited then he was. You see I am 7 months older than Greg and the only time he let’s me forget it is when he catches up to me in April. So on this glorious day I woke up knowing that I had 5 months ahead of me where I wouldn’t be hearing about how I robbed the cradle. Mind you he is the one who bribed me with poetry and ice cream. So after getting some chores done around the house I head out to the gym. As I am driving along all of a sudden the car stops…and I mean stops dead in its tracks, I cannot get the clutch or the break in and am currently in the middle of the intersection. Thank goodness for adrenal glands. My adrenalin kicks in and with the upmost of speed I grind the car into neutral jump out and push the car into an open parking spot on the side of the road! I then call Greg and let him know that for his birthday I am pretty sure I will be getting him a new clutch. After hanging up with him I call the insurance company to get a tow truck, the customer service person informs me that they only cover 11 miles of towing and that the nearest dealership is about 20 miles away… meaning that I will have to pay for everything over my 11 miles. No problem…what else am I going to do I am in this enormous city and we only have one car! . So there I am on the side of the road in sweats in 87 degree weather telling myself how dumb it was that I didn’t bring a water bottle and how grateful I was that I had at least put on a little makeup, and playing solitaire on my phone for at least and hour…

Once the tow truck guy gets there he informs me that it is not just 20 miles away that it is 31 miles away and that my total will be $163 and some change. I paid the bill and walked home, by now I had just enough time to get home and do the dishes and catch a bus up to UCLA for Greg’s birthday dinner. As I am getting ready I realize that my knee is swollen and bruised vary badly and I remember my knees going into the dash when the car stopped. However it is too hot to wear my beloved jeans so I put on some sparkly grapefruit lotion and a pair of shorts and hope that no one notices this hideous bruise on my knee. Once I get to Greg’s office he notices right away. Needless to say after all of this Greg and I both get sick and spend several days in bed. Now that we are both feeling better we are going to pick the car up tomorrow. Turns out it was a warranty issue and our clutch did not go out! The bad news is that I talked myself up saying that I was going to make them come pick us up and ask them to pay for the tow. However their shuttle only does a five mile loop, so we will be taking 2 buses to get to the car dealership… I know I should have pushed that one a little more. I have not asked about the towing bill but I know that they are also expecting $98 for figuring out what was wrong with our car…I will post later as to what happens on our journey tomorrow until then thank you for letting me vent! Oh and here are some recent pictures of Pico and some flowers I bought at the farmers market!


Apparently we have never taken a full photo of the car on our digital camera...although thanks to Greg's grandma we have several on film...but it is late and I didn't feel like scanning them in!


Precious!!!!!!!!


They smelled fantastic!


What an amazing life! Food, sleep and playtime...plus I am pretty sure he loves his feather bed!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY GREG----WILL PRINT THE LATEST TO
    ENTERTAIN GRANDPA. LOVE GRANDMA

    ReplyDelete