Friday, April 10, 2009

Last week...This week and whatever was in between!

We had a wonderful trip to Joshua Tree. It was basic and quick but very fun. We hiked in set up camp spent the night and hiked out. However as many of you know, or maybe you don’t know Greg and I really get a kick out of each other. During this trip we found ourselves in one of those situations. Believe it or not it was very cold that night and so Greg climbed in the tent first zipped up his mummy bag and then I climbed in the tent and got into mine. He kept saying how cold his nose was and I was commenting on how I could move all around in mine, due to all the space there was. About 45 minutes later after chit chatting about various other things going on in our lives I sat up and turned on my headlamp and just happened to glance at my sleeping bag tag…”Why is my bag an x-tra long,” I asked at which point Greg sat up and realized his was a Wshort…women's short! On one of our trips our bags had gotten mixed up and neither one of us noticed. Needless to say we switched and he was able to cover his nose and well I didn’t have nearly as much room. We both got a good laugh at that. The next day we hiked out and headed back to our busy lives. I had mid terms this week and Greg was busy grading and observing on Keck. This week I have spring break and I am so happy about that! I am exhausted and need a break. The fun thing is that Greg and I are headed out tomorrow back to Joshua Tree for some more camping! I checked this time though and both our sleeping bags are in the correct bag. Till next time!!! (Yes, I know this one took a long time to write...I am really trying to get better at posting on a more regular basis...thanks for sticking with me!)



The flowers were blooming and they were so pretty!


Home sweet home!


"hmmm, maybe we passed it?"...he is so cute with his little red beard!


Wow! I lucked out...


Got the "mule" loaded up and ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment