Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Have you seen my niche?

Recently, Greg and I were discussing buying thrift store furniture and renting a belt sander so that I could paint it whatever color made my boat float. During this conversation I said (rather excitedly) "maybe that is my niche!" Greg laughed, and so did I. You see I will try anything once, maybe even more than once, and have tried many a creative craft searching for my niche. I have yet to find it. Sometimes I lie awake at night just trying to think of something, anything I am good at. By good I mean really good. Don't get me wrong I am not being a downer I am just saying there has to be something that I can do that will make others say "WOW!"

Last night was another night where I lamented the fact that I have still not found my niche. This was brought on because in one of my classes yesterday we had a writing assignment, and the only rule was we had to write for three minutes straight. After the three minutes were up we had to share what we wrote. I am sure that you can tell by this blog that writing is definitely not my niche, and boy did that assignment prove it. These people were artists with their words, my assignment was not even worthy of being read out loud.

I have decided that maybe a niche is like a rainbow, completely elusive and something you are lucky to find. Oh well, I am not giving up I will keep trying things until someone says "WOW!" For the record I still try to reach rainbows.


1 comment:

  1. You underestimate your writing. It's great and
    interesting!! love grandma

    ReplyDelete