Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Conversation's With Myself...

Lately I have been doing a lot of contemplating. These contemplations often times turn into a sort of conversation with myself. There is the rational logical Janet and then there is the emotionally charged Janet. Here is one of my most recent contemplations, in which Greg and I realize that the only furniture that is going to successfully move with us is our bed, one Ikea chair, and a $25 bookcase. Yup, everything else was set next to the trash cans for a Freegan holiday. It is a long story but basically our large bookcase and our entertainment center were unable to fit in the truck and were starting to fall apart after we got them out to the truck.

Emotional Janet: Why can't we ever catch a break?!
Rational Janet: Maybe your break was getting to live on the beach for two years, just be thankful!
Emotional Janet: I hate people with money.
Rational Janet: Just get through school and then you will be able to afford more.
Emotional Janet: Good news is now I can pick out some really fun furniture for the new apartment.
Rational Janet: Not this month...or maybe even next.
Emotional Janet: I hate people with money.

Yes, those are the contemplations/conversations I have been having lately. Except for at night when I release the full potential of the emotional Janet and picture bright red end tables, maybe a kitchen hutch, canary yellow plates, and anything in Robbin's egg blue. Thank goodness when I wake up there is rational Janet saying time to go for a run and hang some pictures on these white walls, and no you may not go shopping.


Today is Groundhog Day maybe I should have shared that conversation/contemplation instead...

PS: I promise I am not crazy just sleep deprived and a little stressed.
PSS: Pictures of the new place to come soon...

1 comment:

  1. Things will be better 'TOMORROW' Janet.
    Reading nie-nie's blog sure makes me grateful for
    my health. Don't know how she keeps her sanity.
    Looking forward to pictures of the new place.
    Love grandma

    ReplyDelete