Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Tale of a Blue Table

Before moving to our new apartment I went in search of a table. Not just any table I wanted a vintage, preferably blue, table and I wanted it to be unique. I explained this to my annoyed loving husband who said "that is fine, but it can't cost more than $50 and must come with chairs." I am pretty sure that I laughed in his face, but I was determined to find one. I spent weeks searching craigslist and looking for thrift stores that may have what I was looking for. Finally a few day's before the move I decided to look one last time, and then if there was nothing I would give up. This happened to be one of the rare night's when Greg was at home and was actually interested in looking with me. As I started sifting through the piles of useless junk people were getting rid of, and secretly hoping that someones junk contained a blue table Greg made me click on one that I was just going to pass over...there it was a gateleg table that was BLUE...and perfect! I was in love and Greg seemed excited too, there were no chairs but it was perfect! The next day I left my mom the following voicemail: "Hi it is Janet, I am heading to (sellers address) this is where I am headed, it may not be where I end up. If anything happens I love you and thank you for everything. Bye!" (Let me caution you that apparently this is not a message you leave for your mother...she really didn't appreciate it.) I purchased the table and got it loaded into the car thanks to some rope and a towel. When I got it home Greg took one look at the table and asked if I had noticed that it was rather short? Not me, maybe this is because I am short but I thought it looked perfect! We measured it and yes, it is on the shorter side as tables go however, I was able to find several places with chairs that will fit under it whenever we have the finances to purchase them. Greg learned a valuable lesson that day: never send the short person to pick out furniture. Without further ado I present our perfectly blue table!


2 comments:

  1. What a prize!! It's beautiful!Will see if I can print it
    to show grandpa. love grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh,it is the perfect height to put by that window!Love it!

    ReplyDelete